AWS Security Essentials
This introductory course will teach you everything you need to know about AWS Security Essentials. You will learn fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how to secure your network without limiting your AWS infrastructure agility.
Develeap’s AWS Authorized Instructors will guide you throughout your security journey. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services, including compute, storage, networking, and database services.
You will learn why and how AWS security services can help meet your security needs via real-life scenarios, AWS White Papers, and a hands-on lab.
This course is the best starting point toward your journey in AWS security proficiency.
So, whether you are a:
- Solution Architect
- Solution-design engineer
- Security desk operator
- Security Incident Response
This course is an essential part of your AWS cloud knowledge.
In this course, you will learn to:
- 1 Identify security benefits and responsibilities when using the AWS Cloud
- 2 Describe the access control and management features of AWS
- 3 Understand the different data encryption methods to secure sensitive data
- 4 Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources
- 5 Determine which AWS services can be used for security logging and monitoring
We recommend that attendees of this course have familiarity with:
- 1 Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts, familiarity with cloud computing concepts
We recommend that graduates of this course continue their Education journey with us by learning:
- 1 Security Engineering on AWS
- 2 AWS Security Governance at Scale
- 3 AWS Security Best Practices
- Security Design Principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data Center Security
- Compliance and Governance
- Identity and Access Management
- Data Protection
- Lab 01 – Introduction to Security Policies
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC Resources with Security Groups
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Automating Incident Response with AWS Config and AWS Lambda
- AWS Well-Architected Tool Overview